Monday, November 2, 2009

Canning Applesauce

We made applesauce again this year with Chris' parents.

Last year I made us do it with the hand-cranked foodmill, because I had never made applesauce before and wanted to know how.

This year we opted for the Kitchen Aid attachment. I'm glad that I did it once with the foodmill... It really makes you appreciate the ease of using a Kitchen Aid. We will probably make it that way every year now... I want one for my Kitchen Aid... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I make a lot of jams, salsa, and applesauce and I HATE making the applesauce...but this makes it look a lot nicer... :-) Do you just push it down through or how does the Kitchen Aide attachment work?

- Joy (not cool enough for an "identity" yet ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hey! The idea came from http://www.jessicasprague.com It's one of her FREE classes! :) You should check that website out... it's a keeper. :) I love that the prompt cards are getting me to journal, take pictures, and to do something--it's great inspiration! :)